Merritt Summer River Camping – Outdoor Adventures
Places to Camp Riverside Around Merritt B.C
Staycation Summer River Campgrounds Merritt BC
Merritt Summer River Camping : As a result of Covid19 many families in Canada have rediscovered the outdoors. Furthermore, many have reignited their love of “Camping” with a dash of adventure. But where does a person start? Knowledge about out-door activities starts with Experience Nicola Valley and Experience Merritt. A great resource for planning a trip to the Nicola Valley.
Merritt Summer River Camping or Lakes
Surely when thinking of camping we often picture lakes. While a lake is great, river camping can be just as enjoyable. Do you prefer full amenities while camping or rustic adventures? Or full amenities vs outback river camping? All are available here in the Nicola Valley!
Benefits of Summer River Camping in Merritt
- Stress reduction: No alarm clocks, just the sound of nature.
- Fresh air: Sleeping well may be your new experience.
- Relationship building: One of the best and most important aspects of camping is how it helps you and your family gain hands-on outdoor experiences.
- Physical fitness: Time spent camping is physical time. You set up a tent, gather firewood, go for a swim, hike, boating, kayaking not to mention meal time. Cooking and preparing meals without a microwave can be exhausting.
- Wildlife: Although seeing wildlife is great. Respecting while observing from a distance.
- Confidence building: Teaching your children along with yourself becoming more confident learning new things while respecting the outdoors.
Selecting A River Site
River camping during summer months in the Nicola Valley provides a few options to choose from. Here are five of my favorite places to camp riverside around Merritt BC.
MOON SHADOWS RV PARK & CAMPGROUND
Located south of Merritt, BC, Canada along the Coldwater River, the Moon Shadows RV Park and Campground offers great camping all year-round. With competitive weekly, monthly, and off-season rates, Moon Shadows is a great option for your extended camping stay. RV and tenting sites are set back in the trees and offer spectacular scenery to enjoy. Moon Shadows facilities include laundry, heated washrooms with showers, a gorgeous gazebo by the river, and a small convenience store.
When you go camping with friends or family, you get a chance to talk and visit without distraction into the night. Grandma T.
CLAYBANKS RV PARK & CAMPGROUND
The Claybanks RV Park and Campground offers spacious, well-maintained sites along the Coldwater River. The nicely treed property is located close to downtown Merritt and many of the great activities offered in the area. Enjoy golfing, fishing, swimming, or just take in the beautiful flowers as you walk along the river. Whether tenting or RVing, Claybanks has you covered with 44 full-serviced RV sites and 20 tenting sites. This pet-friendly campground is open year-round with heated washrooms, showers, a snack shop, and horseshoe pits.
Camping can revitalize families while being away from all the distractions at home.
Truly experience rustic camping here amongst scenic mountains’ and a historical railway bridge. Can not get any better than this. With only a few spots to camp, no overcrowding. Moreover you can swim or pan for false gold on the riverbanks. I can guarantee this is my favorite spot in BC. Along with it’s scenic beauty, it is a bit hotter than in Merritt. While only being 15min out of town.
“Rivers may not accommodate a speed boat, yet your steps away from the water.” Tania Stewart.
N’kwala campground is located beside the Nicola River. This is a popular camping location providing opportunities for canoeists and kayakers to enjoy the pace of the river. Albeit during the summer hot spells when the river levels are low, the site is still an ideal location for camping. Furthermore providing a refreshing dip in the river to cool off. With a mix of Yellow Pine and shady fir trees, along many sunny sites which can accommodate any size of camping units. Boasting 20 camping sites and located only 15 minutes from Merritt BC.
Assuredly we all want to bring our pets with us on our summer adventures. All of the campgrounds mentioned are truly “Pet Friendly”
Summer River Camping Merritt Tips
- In short pack extra clothing. After all, the weather around Nicola Valley is generally warm & dry. Sometimes it may rain or get a little cool at night. So make sure to pack clothes for all types of weather.
- Take advantage of outdoor attractions. During your stay, make sure to set time aside to explore all that your campsite has to offer.
- Overall protect yourself. It’s extremely important to protect yourself from all that Mother Nature provides, so make sure to pack sunscreen and bug spray!
- Cleanup. Overall packing up is the worst. Leaving paradise is hard, but making sure to leave nothing behind is crucial.
- Make sure your fire is completely out.
Staycation Summer River Campgrounds Merritt BC
Merritt Summer River Camping can be your next vacation. River camping during summer months in the Nicola Valley provides a few options to choose from. Most important the soothing sounds of the nearby river will lull you to sleep under the stars every night.
Take Me To The River
Nicola Valley Travel and Tourism Guides
“Experience Community Program” is a small and rural community authentic content marketing program. It is a product of the EH? Canada Marketing Group. Contact us today to bring this award winning community program to your region.